PDA

View Full Version : New Actress Has Been Cast To Play Hayley Lawson

Emmak2005
07-06-2005, 18:45
The actress who is to replace Rebecca Cartwright in the role of Hayley Lawson has been chosen.
22 year old Ella Scott Lynch, who graduated from NIDA last year, will take over the role when Cartwright leaves in two weeks time.

Rebecca Cartwright, who has been in Home and Away for more than 6 years, recently announced she was quitting the show to concentrate on her wedding to fiancé Leighton Hewitt, and birth of her first child. (See the pic of Ella Scott Lynch below)

Source: Back to the Bay site.

http://backtothebay.net/news/ella.jpg ELLA SCOTT LYNCH

Johnny Allen
07-06-2005, 18:54
doesn't look anything like Rebecca Cartwright, as far as Im concerned Rebecca is Hayley but Im willing to give this Ella a go.

ameliauk1
07-06-2005, 18:56
ohh not another charcter change it was bad enough when they changed flynn i sat through a whole episode thinking whos he then someone called him flynn and i realised. new actor looked nuthing like old one hence the short hair different facelol its the same with hayleys new actress oh why do they do this to us??!!

Emmak2005
08-06-2005, 00:24
ohh not another charcter change it was bad enough when they changed flynn i sat through a whole episode thinking whos he then someone called him flynn and i realised. new actor looked nuthing like old one hence the short hair different facelol its the same with hayleys new actress oh why do they do this to us??!! Yes I was just wondering what actually happened to the original actor who played Flynn. Martin Dingle-Wall he's called. Maybe he decided acting wasn't his thing. And is doing something with far-less intrusion. Like becoming a builder, painter or even a stripper!

daisy38
08-06-2005, 08:11
Why not just let the character leave!

Siobhan
08-06-2005, 08:24
Why not just let the character leave!

They could but then people would ask why don't they come back, they had unfinished storylines etc.. I think it is stupid changing the people and keeping same character. Pippa changed, Flynn changed and Salena changed for a few months... that was weird but she did have a bad infection

Johnny Allen
08-06-2005, 12:29
Yes I was just wondering what actually happened to the original actor who played Flynn. Martin Dingle-Wall he's called. Maybe he decided acting wasn't his thing. And is doing something with far-less intrusion. Like becoming a builder, painter or even a stripper!

Apparently Martin Dingle-wall wasn't happy about the IVF storyline, so decided to leave, thats what I heard anyway

stacyefc
08-06-2005, 14:41
I take it this girl will dye her hair blonde then?

Trinity
08-06-2005, 15:03
No necessarily, the original Pippa was blonde!

Katy
09-06-2005, 15:34
i think that sometimes it works when a new actor is bought in. It only works in some cases though not if they just switch

stacyefc
09-06-2005, 15:46
they should dye her hair cos it will be very weird

cinnamoroll
12-06-2005, 18:15
rebecca could go for a haircut and style and come back as ella... what a makeover!!

ameliauk1
12-06-2005, 20:26
rebecca could go for a haircut and style and come back as ella... what a makeover!!

lol yeah :rotfl:

Emmak2005
13-06-2005, 01:16
i think that sometimes it works when a new actor is bought in. It only works in some cases though not if they just switch Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't work. I mean remember the one who played Selina for a while when Tempany Deckert the actress who played her was off ill with glandula fever. But I suppose the casting director got it spot on when they cast the temporary replacement to look almost identical.

kirsty_g
03-08-2005, 17:25
they did this when the old flyn was leaving

prettypayal
03-08-2005, 20:19
once the character leaves they shouldnt replace them

i_luv_dennis
04-08-2005, 09:19
i am going to miss the old hayley but i soppose i wil get use to it as flyn changed

sorry for my spelling

kirsty_g
04-08-2005, 15:39
i like the old hayley but we dont no the new hayley yet so i wait

samantha nixon
08-08-2005, 22:23
i liked becca but ella will probably be just as good

Charmed
08-08-2005, 23:57
I think it might be a bit strange at first,seeing a completly different Hayley,but I suppose Ella would be quite cool,once we get used to her!