PDA

View Full Version : Gooch and Warne's bald-cure ad banned

tammyy2j
25-11-2009, 15:26
Hair-replacement adverts featuring cricket legends Shane Warne and Graham Gooch have been banned by an advertising watchdog.

The Australian spinner and former England captain have been featured prominently in advertising for the Advanced Hair Studio for several years, usually with close-ups of Gooch's head in 'before and after' condition following strand-by-strand replacement.

But a new advert that also featured the company's laser hair treatment has fallen foul the Advertising Standards Agency, with the watchdog ruling that it is misleading.

The advert - featuring a grinning Warne with the line "I stopped worrying about my hair when I heeded the Warne-ing signs and saw Advanced Hair Studio" - was deemed to imply that the laser procedure would produce the same hair replacement results as the strand-by-strand method.

The shine was taken off the advert when an examination of the bald facts showed this not to be the case, and the advertisement - unlike Warne and Gooch - will need a bit of a trim before it can appear again.
Eurosport