PDA

View Full Version : Casualty Spoilers 14th November 09

Perdita
29-10-2009, 13:54
Saturday 14 November
8.35-9.25pm BBC ONE
www.bbc.co.uk/casualty

Features Injured pet shop proprietor Malcolm faces the loss of his home and business and the F2s are given their first patient to treat alone, as the medical drama continues.

During a heated discussion with his landlord, Malcolm slips while holding a fish tank and suffers severe lacerations. While Malcolm is in casualty, the landlord is forced to reveal that he wants to build a car park on the site of the pet shop and Malcolm and his wife, Brenda, face losing their home and livelihood. Yuki needs to use all his diplomacy skills when, at the end of his tether, Malcolm decides to take matters into his own hands.

Later, Yuki, May and Lenny are thrilled when Adam gives them their own patient to treat – Ruth's friend, Amir, who has a history of heart problems. Ignoring advice from Jordan, however, the F2s decide to follow their own course of treatment. Things go from bad to worse when the patient then goes missing. The F2s conceal their panic but are individually distraught.

Elsewhere, paramedic Polly receives some disturbing news about Alistair, which she responds to calmly. However, something is affecting her normally sunny disposition and she is behaving strangely around certain patients.

Perdita
29-10-2009, 13:57
Casualty
Saturday 14 November on BBC ONE

www.bbc.co.uk/casualty

Programme copy Russ Abbot is checking into Holby City Hospital this week, to play Malcolm, an aquarium shop proprietor in deep financial water, in Casualty – Leave Me Standing. The much-loved entertainer talks to Programme Information about his guest role in the long-running medical drama and reveals that it takes a lot to make him squeamish, as he used to work for an undertaker, and also admits that his wife wears the trousers in their relationship.

In Casualty, Malcolm has kept his financial woes from his wife, Brenda (played by Patricia Brake), but the stress has caused ulcerations to his legs and matters go from bad to worse when, confronted by his landlord, Malcolm drops a fish tank on himself causing severe lacerations. But things really hot up in casualty when the landlord reveals he's building a car park on the site of Malcolm's shop and flat. Malcolm then decides to take matters into his own hands.

Russ explains: "Malcolm's a nice enough guy but he's a bit behind with his rent and he doesn't want to trouble his wife, so he's kept it all to himself. He has ulcers all over his legs and it fascinated me that you could keep a secret like that from your wife for so long! Malcolm wasn't embarrassed about his troubles – he just didn't want his wife to worry," adds Russ. "But he's not an aggressive guy or a bad guy; he's just been driven to act by his own dilemma and his own mistakes."

Like Malcolm, Russ has been married for a long time – would Russ be as scared of his wife's response as Malcolm seems to be of his?

"I've been married for 42 years but, in the early part of our married life, I was always away with the band and my wife, Tricia, raised the family, as such – so she has had the trousers on for the early years," says Russ. "But marriage is a partnership – although I have to say that as she'll probably read this!"

With severe cuts and ulcerations to his character's body, Russ had to check in with Casualty's famous make-up and prosthetics team to achieve just the right amount of blood and pus. He says: "It's very cleverly done. It looks gory and the prosthetics are great. The make-up girls have been doing it for so long now it's second nature to them but it looks so effective. The medical side of things has never bothered me as I used to work with an undertaker when I was 19, but I don't think I'd relish an invitation to visit a real operating theatre!"

Russ is no stranger to the Casualty set, having starred in the medical drama before in series 14, back in 1999. So what drew him back to Holby?

"Casualty has got a lot of class, a lot of respect and lots of viewers as well. It's really professional. You always have to look at the script and see what the part's like and if there's enough meat in it and Malcolm, I thought, was a nice part. But most of all it's such a well-liked programme and my wife's a big fan – she watches it every week, she loves it and her friends do as well."

Abigail
29-10-2009, 14:36
I'm bored of these F2s now. All they do is faff and fanny about. Three months in and they're let loose on their first patient alone? I'm pretty sure Ruth and Tobes got stuck in within the first few weeks. If I were Adam, I'd sack the lot.

Abbie
29-10-2009, 17:37
Thank god im not the only one thats getting bored of them

Anfieldamy
11-11-2009, 17:34
The police arrive at the emergency department with some shocking news for Polly - her stalker, homeless Alistair, has committed suicide on a railway track.

Polly's shaken but tells Dixie she's fine. It soon becomes clear, however, that Polly is hiding something from her colleagues, as there are indications that she knows more than she's letting on...

The student doctors ignore Jordan's advise on how to treat a patient only for the man to die. Have they killed him?

Also, keep an eye out for comedian Russ Abbott, who makes a guest appearance this week as Malcolm, the owner of Holby Aquatics. He does himself an injury while trying to move a heavy fish tank. But there's more to his story than first meets the eye.

StarsOfCCTV
11-11-2009, 21:09
It soon becomes clear, however, that Polly is hiding something from her colleagues, as there are indications that she knows more than she's letting on...
She pushed him? :hmm:

The student doctors ignore Jordan's advise on how to treat a patient only for the man to die. Have they killed him?
:lol: