PDA

View Full Version : it gets more ridiculous! 10/3/05

chance
10-03-2005, 20:08
omg! wot a pathetic excuse for a episode.il start with micky getting mugged,did you hear the sound effects when he was getting kicked? sounded like a cartoon.and what a wimp,id expect more from him then 'hear this is all the money ive got' once again you didnt see the knife,this time they didnt let the comedy mugger speak,thank god.
next up the bouncers outside the vic,as if! how would they know if there was trouble inside when they were stood out side,surely they should have just gone in there and sat down looking more inconspicuous.
all througfh the episode it kept goin from day to night,like when zoe was on the stall then the cafe then supposedly going back on the stall onkly to be at sams for there night in except it was still the middle of the afternoon as all the other stalls were still open.
i am sick to death of the sam/chrissie thing too bores me to tears,is it just me or are they repeating the same scene every episode,'im warning you chrissie il tell zoe blah blah blah! end this now!
the only good bit is jonny allen,who is qwuite amusing and threatening at the same time bit unless they do something more with him soon hel lose his appeal too.a rubbish and laughable episode!

Ella.
10-03-2005, 20:18
Totally agree with you, the Sam/Zoe/Chrissie thing is really dragging on now, EE need to find some way of making the storyline a bit more exciting.

I really like Johnny Allen, he's the best thing about EE at the moment! I just hope they dont waste the characters potential!

chance
10-03-2005, 20:26
and oh did anyone else notice that the bottle of wine Zoe was holding was in a dark green bottle in the living room and in a clear glass bottle in the kitchen? alfie and little mo thing is also boring me to death,she overacts all the time and im sick of him full stop!

Ella.
10-03-2005, 20:31
Didnt notice that, but then the episode wasnt exactly edge-of-your-seat drama, so I wasnt really paying much attention!

I dont know why EE seem to concentrate so much on Alfie and Lil Mo, they have been very over used. Its about time both of them went on a very long holiday!

Treacle
10-03-2005, 22:01
Then stop watching! :D

*JSW*
10-03-2005, 22:10
Totally agree with you, the Sam/Zoe/Chrissie thing is really dragging on now, EE need to find some way of making the storyline a bit more exciting.

I really like Johnny Allen, he's the best thing about EE at the moment! I just hope they dont waste the characters potential!
Even Johnny Allen is becoming a little bit stale with the hardman act making his demands.

I know i'll be shot down for saying this but Jake Moon is becoming an awful character! Joel Beckett seems to use no emotion at all in his lines. There's no expression no spark. He just says his lines in a rather plain way and will survive only because the young girls fancying him factor.

Sam/Chrissie/Zoe storyline is just plain laborious. They were doing the same thing last week! This storyline started off with potential but the writers have just destroyed any sign of that now!

Little Mo/Alfie/Billy storyline is just plain awful. Kacey's acting seems to have totally disappeared since she came back and everything said is over-acted and over the top. Billy is also getting boring very quick.

The Miller storyline just plainly doesn't make any sense. She is really living on the bread line and is extremley poor and she earns £15 (which Kieth takes all the credit for) and suddenly she can afford to buy treats like cajun chicken and ice-cream surely you'd need washing powder (that was a big focus at the beginning) and money to pay the bills and pay back the money owed to that agency. And Micky why isn't he paying anything? Then he gets mugged in the most stupidest of ways. Surely living in the East End he'd have some street wiseness about him? or the square would at leat have lights in the middle (it is after all a busy area) Bizarre!

Also I noticed about the bottle too Chance!

All in all EE is really dropping in standards at the mo. Nothing is moving at any speed. The same things were happening last week. Tuesday was dull and today just as bad. EE needs to improve the writing and mabye with better the bad acting will become noticeable!

I know non of you are gonna agree with me now!

*JSW*
10-03-2005, 22:13
Then stop watching!

By the way you're NO LONGER our top poster just thought I'd make you aware of that fact :)
Come on WQ thats a bit of an unfair comment. We wern't to know EE was going to be as dull as it was. Can you honestly say tonight was interesting and enjoyable. The 'stop watching' reply is (i'm sorry to say) childish and unwarranted. Surely you can come up with a better arguement to fight your case. We all love EE and obviously want it to return to its glory days!

Also it isn't me who's the top poster now is it?

Jade
10-03-2005, 22:13
OK although Eastender is supposed to be based on real life. It is not real life. Therefore it is not worth analysing every scene. What is the point?

Treacle
10-03-2005, 22:18
Come on WQ thats a bit of an unfair comment. We wern't to know EE was going to be as dull as it was. Can you honestly say tonight was interesting and enjoyable. The 'stop watching' reply is (i'm sorry to say) childish and unwarranted. Surely you can come up with a better arguement to fight your case. We all love EE and obviously want it to return to its glory days!

Also it isn't me who's the top poster now is it?
Which comment?
Stop watching is basic logic and an easy concept. I'm too old to watch Teletubbies so I'm not going to watch an episode am I? :eek: :D

You've posted more than chance but I don't know who the top poster is. It might be you. Obviously Mordor but that's inflated.

*JSW*
10-03-2005, 22:18
OK although Eastenders is supposed to be based on real life. It is not real life. Therefore it is not worth analysing every scene. What is the point?
That reply simpily makes no sense and adds nothing to the siscussion it infact rubbishes what i've just said! And i'll tell you the point, its to add the discussion. Can I ask you what's the point in posting if its just going to cause offense?

Treacle
10-03-2005, 22:20
That reply simpily makes no sense and adds nothing to the siscussion it infact rubbishes what i've just said! And i'll tell you the point, its to add the discussion. Can I ask you what's the point in posting if its just going to cause offense?
Stop disrespecting people.

*JSW*
10-03-2005, 22:23
Which comment?

Saying just to turn off. It doesn't add anything to the discussion. I'm simpily saying add an arguement to what your saying to back up the obvious point that you support EE.

Deserve a good quality soap considering we're the ones funding it...

Jade
10-03-2005, 22:23
No do not mean to cause offence to anyone. Why would I. As I said before, I dont see the point in analysing everything.

The original post to this thread was very good, it seams to have deteriorated rapidly.

*JSW*
10-03-2005, 22:25
Stop disrespecting people.
I'm sorry but i'm the one who has been offended and disrespected. I spent time and energy on a post and judejude just rubbished it and it caused offense. I'm only making this point clear.

All i'm simpily saying is although you may not off intended to cause offense you dis jj. If you didn't mean to thats ok!

Treacle
10-03-2005, 22:25
No do not mean to cause offence to anyone. Why would I. As I said before, I dont see the point in analysing everything.

The original post to this thread was very good, it seams to have deteriorated rapidly.
I agree jude, there was no need for this.

*JSW* you don't seem to enjoy EastEnders at the moment...I just thought well why watch it? Might as well turn off and tune in when people say it's good again?

Treacle
10-03-2005, 22:26
I'm sorry but i'm the one who has been offended and disrespected. I spent time and energy on a post and judejude just rubbished it and it caused offense. I'm only making this point clear.
...but there's ways of saying things, you were quite rude to judejude. Her post made perfect sense whether I or you agreed with it or not. I understood what she was trying to say it was written in english!!!

*JSW*
10-03-2005, 22:28
I agree jude, there was no need for this.

*JSW* you don't seem to enjoy EastEnders at the moment...I just thought well why watch it? Might as well turn off and tune in when people say it's good again?
I do love EE and have always watched it but up until a few weeks ago I thought it had improved immensley since LB. Then the last 2 weeks things have just gone downhill. Not due to the actors but due to the writers!

Treacle
10-03-2005, 22:30
That's because it's got to have the Ferreiras and Juley in etc because it's leading up to their exit storyline.

*JSW*
10-03-2005, 22:31
...but there's ways of saying things, you were quite rude to judejude. Her post made perfect sense whether I or you agreed with it or not. I understood what she was trying to say it was written in english!!!
That's not the point i'm trying to make though. I'm simpily think that JJ was totally rubbishing the entirity of what I said. I apologise to JJ if I offended you I never intended.

And I know it was written in English!!!

Jade
10-03-2005, 22:31
SORRY *JSW* I didnt mean to offend you. Just a diffrence of opinion? :)

Treacle
10-03-2005, 22:34
I respect your opinion that EE is below par I think so too but with everybody tearing strips off it, it'll never get far.

*JSW*
10-03-2005, 22:34
That's because it's got to have the Ferreiras and Juley in etc because it's leading up to their exit storyline.
What i have the problem with is the fact that the Chrissie/Sam/Zoe and Little Mo/Alfie/Billy storyline are both going round in circles and some of the storylines aren't making sense!

The Ferreiras exit storyline is pretty dull don't you think?

*JSW*
10-03-2005, 22:36
SORRY *JSW* I didnt mean to offend you. Just a diffrence of opinion? :)
Yeah a difference of opinion! I accept your apology and am sorry if I offended you!

This conversation has been very good though!

Torrie
10-03-2005, 22:37
Ok, in a blatant effort to cheer this thread up - lets, radical as it may seem, focus on the positives! :p

We got loads of character interaction which until recently has been sadly lacking - in the not so distant past, characters tended to get a bit isolated, but now we've got actual friendships and so on. In tonight's episode alone, we had more male bonding from Garry and Minty, great extended family interaction in the Slater household, Pat offering Billy advice and Billy giving Rosie a way of earning some much needed extra cash. Little things like that bring out a sense of community in the Square.

Okay, Mickey's mugging was a bit off with him giving in so easily and everything, but cut them some slack with that - didn't it have to be added at the last minute because of an injury to the actor in real life?

With the drugs storyline, I was starting to think it was a bad idea to introduce this when the Ferreiras are supposed to be leaving so soon - I didn't think they'd have time to really show consequences or anything which would be a bit irresponsible for a show like EE. But with Kareena being (or at least trying to be) quite casual about the whole issue, it was good to see Mickey being upset with her and Juley.

And the Chrissie/Sam/Zoe storyline is in danger of becoming stale if it isn't developed soon, but it was interesting to see that Chrissie is not the only one with a hold over Zoe. We know both she and Sam are using Zoe at least to some extent, but Sam is actually (for once) being much cleverer than Chrissie because she's getting Zoe to act exactly as she wants her to while still keeping her sympathy and trust, yet when Chrissie exerts her control, Zoe just feels threatened.

It wasn't the best episode ever, but it ain't worth stressing out over! ;) Not every episode can be high drama or we'd all be on prozac in a fortnight, lol! :D

Treacle
10-03-2005, 22:38
Well it's nice to have a debate...I agree!

I like this drugs plot with Kareena.

Jade
10-03-2005, 22:38
The Ferreiras exit storyline is pretty dull don't you think?

It is but there would be no point in giving them an exciting exit story as people would campaign for them to stay. That poor family have had bad storylines through out and I think the damage is already done.

They are all relatively good actors but I think they will find it hard to get any work after they have left Eastenders.

*JSW*
10-03-2005, 22:39
I respect your opinion that EE is below par I think so too but with everybody tearing strips off it, it'll never get far.
Yeah but if they improved (like before Den's death) their would be no need to take strips instead it'd add strips! :D

Treacle
10-03-2005, 22:39
I am going to miss them!

*JSW*
10-03-2005, 22:42
I like this drugs plot with Kareena.
Indeed it has fantastic potential as does the character of Kareena. I think its a mistake to get rid of her but I wouldn't mind showing the door to the rest of the family!

*JSW*
10-03-2005, 22:44
It is but there would be no point in giving them an exciting exit story as people would campaign for them to stay. That poor family have had bad storylines through out and I think the damage is already done.

They are all relatively good actors but I think they will find it hard to get any work after they have left Eastenders.
Yeah but a dull storyline would drag EE further down and a sparky interesting one would make it look better. Which sensical solution do you think EE would choose?

Treacle
10-03-2005, 22:44
I'm just glad Sasha is getting a chance.

Torrie
10-03-2005, 22:46
The only problem I have with the drugs plot is that Kareena's involvement came out of nowhere! Tariq has been involved with drugs before and you'd think he'd have learned his lesson after Den set him straight, but there has never been any indication that Kareena would be tempted, just a random "Oh, I did it when I was a holiday rep" remark (which is not really the best advert for becoming a holiday rep - join us and have a complete character transplant, from good girl to druggie, lol!)

Treacle
10-03-2005, 22:47
She did talk about it a bit more than that to be fair.

Torrie
10-03-2005, 22:48
But only since we discovered she was involved - I meant there were no signs before that. Not that there's some sort of guide to who's going to get into drugs, but you know what I mean. It seemed to be a last minute idea that wasn't really well set up, though it is good now.

Jade
10-03-2005, 22:49
Yea but I guess everyone has to start somewhere. I still think they should have delt with it over a longer period of time though especially if they want to give out the Drugs are Bad message (which they are), normally something happens and someone ends up in hospital or something

Torrie
10-03-2005, 22:54
Well, I suppose her relationship with Mickey has hit the skids and Juley's friendship with Mickey will probably come under fire as well and it could be the reason for Juley leaving. The drugs being hazardous to your health storyline has been done over and over and it's not news to anyone, so I suppose this is slightly different cos it shows that even if you're lucky enough to not do yourself physical harm, there are still other consequences.

Treacle
10-03-2005, 22:56
I don't think we've had any recreational drug taking storylines for a while.

*JSW*
10-03-2005, 22:58
I agree Torie, The sroryline had to no build up it was just *bang* she's a druggie. Also how can she afford it? She doesn't do any work does she?

It must have been a rushedly written storyline.

Jade
10-03-2005, 23:00
I suppose this is slightly different cos it shows that even if you're lucky enough to not do yourself physical harm, there are still other consequences.

Very good point although as Walford Queen said there hasnt been anything for a while and they normally focus on harder deugs such as heroin ie Nick Cotton

Treacle
10-03-2005, 23:04
Kareena works at the club.

Jade
10-03-2005, 23:06
Kareena works at the club.

Oh yea, and also in that environment she would tend to be around that sort of scene :mad:

Treacle
10-03-2005, 23:09
Exactly Angie's Den was always known for drugs going on there.

Torrie
10-03-2005, 23:10
She worked at Angie's Den, but did Johnny keep her on? She hasn't worked (that we've seen) since the club became Scarlett's.

Tariq was involved in a drugs storyline before when he was blackmailing Kelly - I can't remember the exact specifics, but he got found out by Den when Kelly collapsed. I didn't mean specifically in EE though, I meant on tv in general the obvious route with a drugs storyline is someone ending up in hospital and the physical effects are focused on more than anything else - unless it's an ongoing problem leading to them losing job/home/friends/family/money.

Jade
10-03-2005, 23:13
Yea I agree with that!

Treacle
10-03-2005, 23:13
Kareena was behind the bar with Juley the other night she asked him to give her an hand.

Torrie
10-03-2005, 23:14
And actually Den and Johnny are/were both really against drugs - we saw that when Den confronted Tariq and when Johnny found out about the drugs in the bag of money the Moons had. I'm not saying the club would have no drugs at all in it, but door staff would be keeping an eye out and staff would surely know their employers feelings on the subject.

Torrie
10-03-2005, 23:16
You could be right, but I thought since she was on a night out she was just going to get a round in and wanted to 1) get him to help carry the drinks 2) have an excuse to tackle him about the drugs. I didn't think she was working.

Jade
10-03-2005, 23:17
Yea you would think so. With programmes like Eastenders etc they have to enforce certain core values ie no one gets away with cheating on a partner, they all get found out. In real life that doesnt always happen. As with the drug issue.

Treacle
10-03-2005, 23:18
Kareena went behind the bar though.

Torrie
10-03-2005, 23:27
I didn't honestly pay much attention to where she went - bit slack of Johnny to allow someone to wander behind the bar on their night off even if they do work there.

I agree though that most of the time, the "right thing" is enforced with no one getting away with doing anything wrong, but it's starting to change a little. Odd though how the producers/writers prioritise things - no one can get away with doing drugs without there being consequences, but murder is a different story. Dennis killed Dalton and we have yet to see him "brought to justice" and I can think of other characters in other programmes who have gotten away with crimes with few recriminations. Can't think of many cases of drug abuse that haven't led to bigger problems. I can see why of course, but it is odd.

Jade
10-03-2005, 23:33
But then Dalton was a "bad apple" so is it rough justice? I see what you mean though. Strange! Is that a BBC thing though Channel 4 is a bit different!

Treacle
10-03-2005, 23:36
I didn't honestly pay much attention to where she went - bit slack of Johnny to allow someone to wander behind the bar on their night off even if they do work there.

I agree though that most of the time, the "right thing" is enforced with no one getting away with doing anything wrong, but it's starting to change a little. Odd though how the producers/writers prioritise things - no one can get away with doing drugs without there being consequences, but murder is a different story. Dennis killed Dalton and we have yet to see him "brought to justice" and I can think of other characters in other programmes who have gotten away with crimes with few recriminations. Can't think of many cases of drug abuse that haven't led to bigger problems. I can see why of course, but it is odd.
She wasn't on a night out Tariq and Juley came into the club and Kareena came over to talk to them and she said to Juley give me a hand behind the bar please? so it was kind of careless for Johnny letting Juley go behind his bar

*JSW*
10-03-2005, 23:36
But is this storyline going to have any real ending the Ferrieras are off in 2 weeks time and I see no drugs resolution so do you think there will be any resolution or is it just there to fill space?

Torrie
10-03-2005, 23:37
It's not just BBC - look at Emmerdale - Louise killed Ray and other than a guilty conscience, seems to be in the clear and way back, quite a while ago Eric Pollard offed his wife (can't remember the exact circumstances, whether it was accidental and all that) and buried her body - no sign of that storyline yet and that was years ago!

I think you're right about it being because Dalton was a "baddie" though - same with Johnny being responsible for Andy's death.

Treacle
10-03-2005, 23:37
But is this storyline going to have any real ending the Ferrieras are off in 2 weeks time and I see no drugs resolution so do you think there will be any resolution or is it just there to fill space?
I think it's there to break up Kareena and Mickey like with the Sasha and Adi storyline they can't leave if they've got partners who're staying in the show so they need to split them up. It's a plot device which is a shame because it means they don't really care about or want to tackle the issues.

Jade
10-03-2005, 23:38
No I think it was just an "experiment" on Kareenas part. I think the consequence of it will be the ending of her relationship with Micky.

Unless Johnny Allen finds out ........

I think me and Walford Queen posted at the same time!

Torrie
10-03-2005, 23:39
With regards Kareena - earlier in the episode, someone (either Tariq or Juley) suggested a night out and Kareena said she was up for it but Mickey said he couldn't afford it. She offered to pay, but he refused and she went without him.

Treacle
10-03-2005, 23:40
Kareena later said she had to work outside the cafe.

Torrie
10-03-2005, 23:44
Fair enough - I must have nodded off or something, lol!

Treacle
10-03-2005, 23:45
She said she had to work but told them to still go down.

wholemealbread
10-03-2005, 23:49
I agree with the original comment about tonight's episode, Chrissie/smirking Sam/hysterical Zoe IS dragging on too long, yes, Johnny is the best thing going on at present, like his style, stern but kind, think he should start an affair with Chrissie, they could become Bonnie and Clyde ??????

callummc
11-03-2005, 12:45
Loyal as everyone is to the show ,KH has totaly destroyed it,i am now watching with the hope things will improve,but it better hurry up,most of us are now watching out of loyalty,and it's a crying shame.EE should stop trying to get the press on side and start writing for us loyal fans.

Treacle
11-03-2005, 12:47
That's unfair (based on previous episodes under the Berridge era) KH1 has been marvellous in changing the show around, she still hasn't managed to find the spark us fans knew and loved but I'm sure the new executive producer can find the right component.

callummc
11-03-2005, 14:05
Well it's a matter of opinion but someone at EE couldn't have been that impressed cos i read she was axed after 3 months destruction.

chance
11-03-2005, 16:29
Then stop watching! :D
predictable......knew someone was going to say that,im hoping it will get better,ive watched it for years and dont want to give it up yet but seriopusly i was thinking of turning off last night.

Treacle
11-03-2005, 17:00
Well it's a matter of opinion but someone at EE couldn't have been that impressed cos i read she was axed after 3 months destruction.
She actually agreed to leave and the destruction was behind the scenes not on-screen. They've had their own little soap going on down at Elstree for far too long now.

Treacle
11-03-2005, 17:00
predictable......knew someone was going to say that,im hoping it will get better,ive watched it for years and dont want to give it up yet but seriopusly i was thinking of turning off last night.
Someone always does say that lol but it makes sense.

*JSW*
11-03-2005, 17:14
That's unfair (based on previous episodes under the Berridge era) KH1 has been marvellous in changing the show around, she still hasn't managed to find the spark us fans knew and loved but I'm sure the new executive producer can find the right component.
KH has made progress but nowhere near as much as I or you probably expected. If the last week of EE was the best KH was churning out then its no suprise she was sacked.

WQ, your right about the spark that still hasn't been found. I think this is due to the fact that she (to save face) hasn't used many of the characters for instance she refused to use the Ferrieras, Martin and Sonia were away. Dennis and Sharon were gone. The majority of the Slater family have left/ on leave. Dot/Pauline/Jim are used infrequently (probably due to age). So your left with few characters to fill the gap whilst your finding replacement characters who act as fillers. Look for instance at the Moon brothers. They have featured in nearly episode since they arrived. This could well be KH attempting to show that the show has 'moved on' from LB. The same has happened with Chrissie/Zoe/Sam storyline and I fear will happen with Johnny too.

This also leads to storylines going round in circles-look to last week as a prime example of this. We need some form of high drama or big explosion. Yes this may be considered cheap and easy way to get big and more importantly tempory solution. But if the writing was top notch mabye we'd have some good acting and kind of set EE up in a more shineing appearance but it would be important for them maintaining this higher standard.

For instance I would have killed the Ferrieras off. By tieing in the drugs storyline which could lead to a bigger drug person they could own money too (desperate for a fix beg etc) and because they don't pay or don't do as asked. Commits arson on the house. Where they could all die. They're never coming back so make them leave on such a lousy storyline (and before you say it WQ, they wouldn't have time to become popular!)

But before anything like this happens the writing needs to desperatley improve. Decisions need to be taken at a slower speed and people shouldn't be aloud on three month breaks (you know who i'm talking about!) Nobody is bigger than the show- this is again where EE have had problems. People thinking they can swan off for 3 months or announce they're going to attempt to break Hollywood (both Shane Ritchie and Michelle Ryan have apparently said this) Then they expect to be given a place back when it doen't work or a short cameo. Another example of this is Tish Dean, who as much as I love has gone on a break with no time span and coming back when it suits her. Hopefully with TJ and co back this will be stopped.

Going back to the writing a famous phrase comes to mind:
"An actor is only as good as his script"
This phrase rings true with EE at the moment. `the acting isn't particualrly mesmorising. If it can improve then mabye we'll be able to pick up on the dodgy actors and get rid of them, Does anyone know who i'm talking about?

Treacle
11-03-2005, 17:19
I think half of the cast are probably dodgy at the moment but I do know there is still some great talent in there and a few gems they could do with holding onto.
Jane was one of these up until a few weeks ago, what happened to the feisty Jane Collins who was more than a match for our Ian? Now she's always got a cob on her.

*JSW*
11-03-2005, 17:28
as you know WQ i believe Kareena has great potential as does Jane (who as you've said was great until few weeks ago since then its just been roundabouts) Johnny/Ruby/Tina already have potential but it does depend on the acting quality. Stacey and the Millers also have potential but the writing really needs to be improved and quickly!

Jake and Danny are now IMO just plain awful niether can act and they dominate far too much. They need to go to save cred for EE. They may be goregous but thats the wrong reason to keep a character...

Treacle
11-03-2005, 17:34
I was prepared to give those two a chance but since they're hoping to get rid of the gangster theme and turn Johnny more into a buisness/family orientated man I can't see a new direction for their characters without them becoming bland and doing nothing.

*JSW*
11-03-2005, 18:20
I was prepared to give those two a chance but since they're hoping to get rid of the gangster theme and turn Johnny more into a buisness/family orientated man I can't see a new direction for their characters without them becoming bland and doing nothing.
Joel Beckett can't put any imagination into his lines and they all come out emotionless and boring. Needs to be shafted.

Jake mascall can't act for toffee full stop. I really can't see where these characters can go next that hasn't been done (as you mentioned WQ).

We need something fresh that we haven't had before. Something happy and bouncy... Something not so serious who can lighten the mood.

Treacle
11-03-2005, 19:09
They were obviously supposed to be the new Mitchell Bro doubleact but they're not a patch on them.

*JSW*
11-03-2005, 20:50
Thats got to be KHs biggest mistake (and when you think about it she hasn't helped much) was bringing in all these clones of former characters all ready I can see Johnny not working. I don't see where the character can really go.
Jake and Danny need to go not only because of what they stand for but because of the acting! Has no-one noticed the awful acting!??!

Treacle
11-03-2005, 21:16
The bloke who plays Danny can't act for toffee. I like Johnny though, he's been introduced slowly and unlike other characters in his "genre" he respects the public/community and wants to look after them, he also has an history in the Square and with Pat so there's all kinds of different directions they can take him down.

*JSW*
11-03-2005, 22:13
Not just Danny but Jake as well. His lines have no emotion. He churns them out like a robot :angry: Just watch next Monday (when he's bound to make an appearance) watch him carefully....

Treacle
12-03-2005, 06:15
I will NOT do such a thing lol, it'll depress me! :D
I can't stand to watch him in the background let alone intensely. I like Jake better than Danny though. Danny tries to be hard but ends up looking camp lol. I know it's not the actors fault and he is gay in real life but everything he does on-screen ends up making me laugh. He flounces about and everything and I just have to laugh at him or I'll cringe myself to an early grave.

callummc
12-03-2005, 12:08
After watching this weeks episides i can only say one thing,if things don't improve soon i will be turning off,and it's not cos i want it's because EE have lost the plot.

simmo1984
12-03-2005, 12:26
I like Danny and Jake they are good characters apart from them having to kiss jonnys bottom a lot which goes on a LOT.

I dont really want peggy back though but would love to see good old grant back he was teh best behind the bar!!!

Iagree that zoe/chrissie/sam thing is going on and on and on, I am a 100% eastenders fan but last week I felt a little let down as the same stories carry on a bit too long, although Id love to see Sharren and Dennis back on that must have been the best episode for me.

Im glad Andy went, I cant belive Billy just keeps going down afterall he is a mitchell and should be running the joint dont u think??

Treacle
12-03-2005, 16:46
After watching this weeks episides i can only say one thing,if things don't improve soon i will be turning off,and it's not cos i want it's because EE have lost the plot.
It's unfair to say they've lost the plot. If I name a worse example (Brookside) you'll soon see the difference.

*JSW*
12-03-2005, 20:28
It's unfair to say they've lost the plot. If I name a worse example (Brookside) you'll soon see the difference.
You're right WQ, EE may be dull but its not loosing the plot (its just going round in circles at the mo!)

EE hasn't resorted to sensationalist techniques to get the viewers in. (Mind you the fairground 'disaster' boarders dangerously!) Where as Brookie went for a total whiteout!!!

Treacle
12-03-2005, 20:32
It's been bad and ridiculous but Brookside in the year before it was killed off wasn't a patch on EE at it's worst.

simmo1984
12-03-2005, 20:40
everyone seems to be doing the same things
e.g
cynthia killed on the head with ashtray
den with a door stopper (dog)
Trever gets hit on the head with an iron

I didn't like the way they killed Den it was all a bit dull, I was expecting something worse, or am I just a meany LOL :rolleyes:

Treacle
12-03-2005, 20:50
I thought Den's death was better than Andy's.

simmo1984
12-03-2005, 20:52
Yep I agree there I cant even belive sam and Chrissie are fighting over the pub with a dead body in the cellar lol :eek:

Treacle
13-03-2005, 00:01
That pub is special though to both of them! :)

callummc
14-03-2005, 00:02
I can understand the pub being special to Sam cos she thinks she got cheated out of it,but why Chrissy she's only got a short history there and it hasn't exactly been a happy 3 months for her,the pub was special to den not her.

Treacle
14-03-2005, 00:25
She loved Den and let him down by killing him. The least she can do is make sure the Mitchells don't get their hands on his treasure! Or maybe she feels guilty about killing him and the only way to make ammends is to make sure she hangs onto the Vic? Another theory would be, why should Chrissie GIVE THE PUB AWAY to Sam and be left with nothing? However the Watts got that pub they still PAID FOR IT, which is more than what Sam is offering to do.

callummc
14-03-2005, 13:08
I agree the watt's own the pub,if sam had'nt burnt down the club,i'd feel sorry for her but as it is she did,so den got even,sam should learn that little girls who play with fire get their fingers burnt.

Mr_Cellophane
14-03-2005, 13:45
why should Chrissie GIVE THE PUB AWAY to Sam and be left with nothing? However the Watts got that pub they still PAID FOR IT, which is more than what Sam is offering to do.
How did the Watts pay for the Vic ? The money they bought it with was the money Sam gave Marcus from the sale of the Snooker Hall and garage. Sam was paid for the Vic with her own money. A typically blonde moment LOL. :D

stacyefc
14-03-2005, 14:33
i think jake and danny are great in it

callummc
14-03-2005, 17:47
I don't think EE would like it if everyone who is a bit bored with EE at the moment turned off cos they can't really afford to lose any more viewers,a lot of us are watching cos we're loyal to EE and keep hoping it'll improve.

*JSW*
14-03-2005, 19:07
I don't think EE would like it if everyone who is a bit bored with EE at the moment turned off cos they can't really afford to lose any more viewers,a lot of us are watching cos we're loyal to EE and keep hoping it'll improve.
Indeed I only view out of loyalty at the mo. I remember the glory days and I keep watching. Its like a routine....

Alisha
14-03-2005, 19:25
How did the Watts pay for the Vic ? The money they bought it with was the money Sam gave Marcus from the sale of the Snooker Hall and garage. Sam was paid for the Vic with her own money. A typically blonde moment LOL. :D

I agree -the watts never did pay for the vic but I like to think of it as 'you stole my club, I'll steel your pub.' :p

It serves Sam right for burning Sharon's club to the ground and not paying up for the insurance and then sticking her nose up in the air acting like the maffia wife. What goes around comes around. I don't have any sympathy for her. She has herself to blame. Also the pub was only her's by paper and she didn't work hard to get it in the first place. All the buinesses which were intitially in Phil's name were handed to her on a plate due to obvious circumstances.

crazygirl
14-03-2005, 21:48
eastenders is getting really boring and when i saw jonney handing that package to billy it was like andy number 2.. whats going on with the programme they cant run out of ideas that quick

Behemoth
14-03-2005, 22:47
everyone seems to be doing the same things
e.g
cynthia killed on the head with ashtray
den with a door stopper (dog)
Trever gets hit on the head with an iron

I didn't like the way they killed Den it was all a bit dull, I was expecting something worse, or am I just a meany LOL :rolleyes:
Saskia, not Cynthia :p lol