PDA

View Full Version : Jensen and Brawn World champions

Siobhan
19-10-2009, 10:35
Well done to Jensen on his superb win this season.. 1st half was spectacular for him but I have to hand it to him, he pushed yesterday and worked his way up the field

And now to the guy I hold high opinion of, Ross Brawn, one of the greatest engineers and tacticions in F1.. Maiden year, up from the ashes and he wins the constructors championship..

Having said all this, he has his work cut out next year cause Ferrari, mclaren and red bull have seriously up their game in the second half of 2009.

Again congrats to Jensen and Brawn :cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

lizann
19-10-2009, 12:01
Well Done and Congratulations :cheer:

Perdita
19-10-2009, 12:04
:cheer: I concur, well done and congratulations to them both

Chloe O'brien
19-10-2009, 22:38
Well done to Jensen and Brawn. I'm delighted for Ross Brawn he has to be the nicest guy in F1.

Hannelene
20-10-2009, 08:37
So happy for Jensen!!!!!!!

He did so well :)

Siobhan
20-10-2009, 09:09
Well done to Jensen and Brawn. I'm delighted for Ross Brawn he has to be the nicest guy in F1.

I cried when he weld up and talked about the guys who he had to let go.. even when he won, he still remembered all those who helped him and unlike many of the other team boss, he makes sure someone new goes to the podium if any of his guys win...

Hannelene
20-10-2009, 09:10
I felt he was a better champion then when Lewis Hamilton won.

Siobhan
20-10-2009, 09:14
I felt he was a better champion then when Lewis Hamilton won.

Agreed.. it was as if Hamilton expected it.. he was 2nd in championship in his first year so it was kinda going happen that he would get it.. Anyone of the 3 guys this year would have been worthy winners.. Well done to both Rubens and Sebastian :clap::clap::clap:

Hannelene
20-10-2009, 09:34
Your so right I have been following the F1 as at work I am part of a fantasy F1 league so I started watching all the races. With Lewis when he first started racing he seemed so modest and seemed to concentrate on driving. Now he has won his attitude seems to of changed especially since he picked up his pussycat doll girlfriend.

Siobhan
20-10-2009, 09:47
I am probably one of the biggest F1 fans you will ever meet, I am the idiot that gets up at 2am to watch the race and will google past races, watch highlights and repeats on TV in case I missed something the 1st time round but I am sick of the sight of that pussycat girl.. I want to watch a race, not her jumping up and down :angry:

Hannelene
20-10-2009, 09:51
Nice to come across someone who shares my secret passion for F1 as I will do the same :)

I think Lewis has become a celebrity instead of being a F1 driver. He seems to of swapped his racing jumpsuit for a tux.

I agree with you I want to watch the race instead of seeing his girlfriend jump up and down at him or walking around like she is something special :(

Perdita
20-10-2009, 09:55
I suppose Lewis can't help the way he is being marketed now, there will be all these advisors on how he can profit from his status for as long as it will be possible. It is not Nicole's fault that the cameras focus on her jumping up and down, she is a celebrity and gorgeous looking.

Hannelene
20-10-2009, 09:56
She is ok looking but I always wonder with her - is she with him for him or because of the industry he is and the glamour it can bring?

Perdita
20-10-2009, 09:59
You could argue about this with a lot of showbusiness couples though

Siobhan
20-10-2009, 10:02
Ah a kindred spirit.. there is not many of us left :D

To be honest, Jensen and Coultard both started of the same way.. it took Jensen 10 years to get his championship.. Coultard never got one... Hamilton will learn.. he is still very very young...

I admire Vettel, he has his eye on his driving...

Hannelene
20-10-2009, 10:42
Your right Vettel is one of my fav drivers I would love to see him achieve more!

Siobhan
20-10-2009, 10:50
Your right Vettel is one of my fav drivers I would love to see him achieve more!

2 years ago when Vettel came on the scene I told my friend that he was one to watch... and I was right!.. anyone who goes through the Schumacher school of driving is worth looking at..

Hannelene
20-10-2009, 10:52
I can see Vettel doing bigger and better things next season.

Part of me misses Schumacher but I think since he retired there have been equally good drivers like himself emerge from the scene.

Siobhan
20-10-2009, 11:01
I really really miss Schumacher but having said that, all the changes to teams and qualifing have made F1 more and more interesting each year.. this year qualifying has been really exciting and l have enjoyed it more than some of the races.. Having said that, last race was edge of the seat stuff!!

Hannelene
20-10-2009, 11:13
I think with the chances in F1 was the best thing that they could do as it was nice to see drivers you had only ever seen in the grid line up actually winning races instead of the usual names dominating the sport.
Sundays race was so so exciting.

Have you ever been to watch any races?

I have never been able to get tickets to go but I have been on a day out to Brands Hatch and had the time of my life there!

Siobhan
20-10-2009, 11:28
No, I haven't seen any live races... I would love to go to one but I would probably get the race recorded so I could see all the action...

My favourite tracks, if I was lucky enough to afford them, would be Monaco, Spa and Hungary.. if I ever won lottery, I would spend a season following them around...

Hannelene
20-10-2009, 11:31
I would love to go and see the Monaco circuit and Singapore but I will have to keep playing the lottery and hoping my numbers come up or I could go and be a pitbabe:rotfl:

Siobhan
20-10-2009, 11:46
I wouldn't mind that (have to lose about 20 kilo and grown bigger boobs) :rotfl: I would even hold the lollipop for the guys (I won't do an unsafe release and set one of my rival on fire, not looking at anyone in particular McLaren :rotfl: )

Hannelene
20-10-2009, 11:52
You have made me laugh:rotfl:
I could not be a pitbabe I am too short at 5ft and too under developed!
The one person I would love to meet that is linked to F1 is Martin Brundle I think he is a great commentator!

Siobhan
20-10-2009, 12:02
I like Martin's pit walk.. he is so funny the way he keeps cutting across Tanya the German sky reporter.. :rotfl: I loved Murray walker and have to say I am loving the new BBC line up with Jake, David and Eddie...

Hannelene
20-10-2009, 12:07
I love Martin I think he is great and I love when he is doing his pit walk:heart:
He is one of my favourite commentators on TV at the moment, the other sports commentator I love to see and hear is John Inverdale.

The new BBC F1 line up is much better then ITV.

I also like the coverage being on BBC as less adverts and real talk instead of cutting to silly advert breaks all the time which I found annoying. :(

Siobhan
20-10-2009, 12:10
ITV always went on ad breaks at the most stupid time.. I went mental one year as they missed the fantastic overtake by Schumacher to get him back into the championship fight.. there was murder over it...

I gave up watching on ITV and when Setanta Ireland came, there was only one ad break (usually after 1st set of pit stops)... now we have BBC, live and uninterupted.. horray!!

What do you think of the no refuling for next year?

Hannelene
20-10-2009, 12:16
ITV annoyed me so much that I think I missed some of the races last season that they covered as I couldn't take the ad breaks in the middle of exciting bits :(
BBC is the best for sports coverage I pray that ITV never gets the contract for F1 ever again.

No refueling? I don't know what to make of all of this are they doing this to cut down on the staff that is needed to re-fuel the cars?
What happens if a well known name runs out of fuel on the last lap?
All I can say is that drivers and their teams are going to have to plan their race better and making sure the righr tyres are used to allow them to complete the track or we could see many upsets in 2010.

Siobhan
20-10-2009, 12:22
they will be allowed to stop for tyres and minor adjustment.. just not fuel

It would be funny to see cars run out of fuel on the last corner and the driver pushing it over the line :rotfl:
I am not sure how this will go ahead, it won't be exciting of the line if all cars are to heavy on fuel

Hannelene
20-10-2009, 12:25
It would be funny to see the cars struggle to get around their last lap because of the lack of fuel.

But I can also see this happening to a big team and then the team threatening to pull out of F1!

Siobhan
20-10-2009, 12:28
We have 3 new teams this year and one leaving (BMW) unless like Honda they can be saved...

Looking forward to Abu Dabi.. it looks like a really cool track and the pit lane exit is coming from underground out!! exciting times.. plus as there is no fight for the championship anymore, the drivers can just have fun!!

Hannelene
20-10-2009, 12:34
Abu Dabi's track sounds like a dream I REALLY look forward to seeing this one.

It is shame to see BMW going but I welcome the new teams. Do you think Hamilton will be able to win next year? As Bernie Ecclestone believes he is the man to beat still!

Siobhan
20-10-2009, 12:46
Yes.. I think he is in with a very good chance.. If you look at the second half of the season after everyone introduced the double difussers, you can see that Red Bull, McLaren and Ferrari made most progress.. Brawn went a bit backwards with Button anyways... Next year will be an exciting season!! Watch out for Massa and Alonso.. both are fantastic champions (Massa missing it by 1 point last year, again amazing race right up to last corner) so I would have them in the mix too.. Ferrari have been developing the 2010 car all season and haven't really upgraded the 2009 cars as McLaren has done this year.

Red bull have been strong all season and this is without much developing.. plus Kers is going next year so all cars will get of the line without this assistance

Hannelene
20-10-2009, 13:00
I wish the new season would start already!

Who is your fav driver?

Siobhan
20-10-2009, 13:03
In the entire history of the sport my favs were Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Verstappen, Wurtz and Frentzen

Now, I will always be a Ferrari fan so will be backing Massa (not so much Alonso but he is in a Ferrari next year) and without a shadow of a doubt my driver of the year is Vettel.. love him :heart:

Hannelene
20-10-2009, 13:24
Vettel is great but I think that Ayrton Senna was just great so sad that he died so young :(

Siobhan
20-10-2009, 13:27
Vettel is great but I think that Ayrton Senna was just great so sad that he died so young :(

Yeah it was... I get annoyed with the whole Senna/Schumacher debate.. both were champions of their time and I admire both of them..

Hannelene
20-10-2009, 13:56
A lot of people like to compare the 2 but for me they are equally good drivers and credit should be given to each

Siobhan
20-10-2009, 14:00
A lot of people like to compare the 2 but for me they are equally good drivers and credit should be given to each

100% agree.. we don't know who could have been the better driver as they didn't have much time to race while they were both at their peaks... Schumacher came towards end of Senna life!

Hannelene
20-10-2009, 14:05
Exactly that is the bit everyone fails to remember :(

Schumacher was not a bad driver just I know in my heart who would of been the better driver of the 2 if they had met at the peak of Senna's career.

People will continue to speculate but I think people need to now look at the drivers we have around now and see that we have good talent around. With all the changes to the rules over the last few years we have managed to see drivers on the podium you would never expect!

Siobhan
20-10-2009, 14:27
That is what I love about it... Emerging new drivers.. nice to see that it is not always the big boys who win... Brawn is a great example.. brand new to 2009 and he kicked ass. Then red bull who was dreadful over the year now coming to the front... Force india who has come out of nowhere (they just need more experienced drivers to keep them on the track)..

Hannelene
20-10-2009, 15:34
A lot of men in my office think that Force India will win one day and have backed them heavily in our fantasy F1 league. At the moment I am laughing at them but I think one day if they get good drivers they will place somewhere!

Siobhan
20-10-2009, 15:39
I wouldn't write them off just yet.. they did well in Spa and have gotten past Q2 on a number of occasions.. They are improving a lot

Hannelene
20-10-2009, 16:43
I know thats what my manager Rob says don't write them off just yet!

Siobhan
20-10-2009, 17:02
Tell Rob I agree with him.. I actually enjoyed this chat today.. not many F1 fans on this site so nice to have a good ole chat about it.. Thanks Hannelene

Hannelene
20-10-2009, 17:12
Thanks to you Siobhan also not many female friends share my interest in F1 except men at work who see me as a tomboy and think I should be interested in clothes & shoes instead of being interested in what is going on in the pit lanes :)

Siobhan
21-10-2009, 09:52
I know what you mean and I get annoyed when people say "it's only just cars going round and round in a circle, I can see that outside my front door"... but nobody ever listens for the tactic, engineering and work that goes in to F1.. if there is no crashes, it is not worth watching for some people :rolleyes:

Hannelene
21-10-2009, 14:22
I know some people don't see F1 for what it is and can be. There is so much more then just cars completing a circuit. At least we know that:thumbsup:

Chloe O'brien
22-10-2009, 21:56
I've got more into F1 over the last 3 years since I moved offices down to engineering. All the guys talk about F1 and MotoGP and I've began to look more at the team's tactics rather than the driver or car. I agree Vittell is the one to watch next year.

Siobhan
23-10-2009, 09:52
I think once you understand the ins and outs of F1, you get away from the crashes and "car going round in a circle" mind frame. My dad got me into this.. use to watch it with him as a child and he explained so much to me that I always look at the engineering and driver aspects.. roll on next week for our brand new track :cheer:

Hannelene
23-10-2009, 22:40
My family are into motor sports and mainly involved with engineering that I got involved with his with my older brother. I love it :)
I have my moments when I am a girly type of girl but I am a woman who like sports!I dream of going to see a live race one day......

Chloe O'brien
24-10-2009, 00:58
World of Sport or Grandstand was always on in my house. And if it was sport my dad and brothers watched it. I remember F1 from being a kid but I never liked James Hunt there was just something smug and unlikeable about him, the same with Nigel Mansell. They just didn't have the dinamics that Prost, Senna and Shumacher had.

alan45
14-11-2009, 10:21
Button mulls over move to McLaren

Button had great success with Brawn but could a move be on the cards?
Jenson Button has visited the McLaren headquarters in Woking as doubts continue over who the world champion will be driving for next season.

Button and his manager Richard Goddard were given a tour by McLaren chief Martin Whitmarsh, BBC Sport confirmed.

A McLaren spokesman said: "Having just landed at Heathrow, Jenson made a small detour to Woking to say a quick hello."

Button took a pay cut to drive for Brawn after Honda quit F1 last year, but is stalling over an improved offer.

If Button joined McLaren, he would partner 2008 champion Lewis Hamilton.

Only last month Ross Brawn said he was "99%" certain Button, 29, would remain with his team, but wages and the competitiveness of the car are believed to be sticking points over a new deal.

Having taken a pay cut from £10m to £3m, the world champion is said to be looking for a pay rise more substantial than the one Brawn are offering.

606: DEBATE

McLaren, one of the better-funded teams on the grid, would certainly be in a position to afford a bigger salary, and a car that regularly outperformed Brawn's during the latter part of the 2009 season.

Goddard was unavailable for comment on Friday evening but had earlier told the Guardian: "As I've said many times before, Jenson wants to drive a car which is capable of winning the next world championship.

"We've been talking about possible terms for 2010 with Brawn for months and we're not being difficult or unreasonably expensive in our demands for Jenson. In fact we've given up quite a lot of negotiating ground in our discussions with them."

Kimi Raikkonen was another driver to visit the McLaren factory this week with the 2007 world champion's future still to be decided following his forced exit from Ferrari to make way for Fernando Alonso.