PDA

View Full Version : ee

twinkle_eyes83
10-03-2005, 18:14
EASTENDERS' own scriptwriters have branded plotlines in the crisis-hit soap as "shallow and banal".

And they accused producers of insisting on improbable story twists that were "profoundly depressing, wearying and disheartening".

Leaked minutes of a meeting on December 2 last year between writers' representatives and producers reveal open warfare.

Jean Kitson, of the Personal Managers' Association, which represents scriptwriters, took notes of the showdown. She recorded that producers "accepted that right at the moment the situation is chaos".

Ms Kitson wrote: "I made points clearly about writers feeling stories were melodramatic, banal and shallow and that many drafts that these led to were profoundly depressing wearying and disheartening." Writers heavily criticised bringing Dirty Den Watts back from the dead to see him murdered for real.

BBC bosses rejected the attacks saying the show was "producer-led, not writer-led - and always has been".

Just 6.3million watched an episode last week, the second lowest ever.

Treacle
10-03-2005, 18:18
Thanks for posting...x :)
I'm just glad that EastEnders is now back in safe hands and improving. The scripts have been terrible over the past year or so with little or no reference to past events.
Sarah Phelps, Tony Jordan and Simon Ashdown are all great writers for EastEnders and are still a part of the team so let's hope they get to write more episodes.

Behemoth
10-03-2005, 18:38
And that Nicholas guy is a decent writer to...y'know, the one who wrote the climax of the Sarah storyline.

Treacle
10-03-2005, 18:44
Nicholas Hicks Beach

angelblue
10-03-2005, 18:48
In my opinon ee have some brillaint such as Sarah Phelps, Tony Jordan apart from that i am really happy that John Yorke is back i think he knows what ee fans like and dont like and knows whose popular and whose not

callummc
10-03-2005, 18:57
I think we'll just have to wait and see,everyone slagged of Louise Berridge and even though EE went through a rough spell with the boring kidney storyline,things were picking up and i think if she'd only been given an other 6 months EE would not have had the pathetic storylines we,ve had lately ,if you remember when Kathleen Hutchinson was appointed she was supposed to be EE saviour and all she managed to do was axe the 2 best actors and run EE right down ,at the moment i don't rush to watch the show ,i tape it and watch it when there's nothing on worth watching,i think the writers should have gone on strike before thing's got this bad,and then maybe EE would have already be worth watching again.

Treacle
10-03-2005, 18:59
Kathleen Hutchison turned things around that awful Berride woman needs to be murdered for what she did to Britains biggest and best soap (at the time).

Behemoth
10-03-2005, 19:19
Nicholas Hicks Beach
That's the one

callummc
10-03-2005, 19:21
Don't forget it's a matter of opinion and up to christmas day EE was great,and then we got Kathleens rubbish personally i think she should have been put down the hole in the vic,and if she was so good wht's she been axed