PDA

View Full Version : ITV axes Stephen Fry's 'Kingdom'

Perdita
09-10-2009, 18:32
ITV has axed Sunday night drama Kingdom, Stephen Fry has confirmed.

The show, which stars Fry in the titular role of lawyer Peter Kingdom, has been cancelled after a three-year run.

Writing on his blog, 52-year-old Fry said: "Sad news from TV-land. Well sad for me and for some others. It may well have you skipping about like a lamb on ketamine, trilling with joy.

"Our masters at ITV have decided that there shan't be a fourth series of the television drama Kingdom. I am sorry because it was such a pleasure making them in my beloved Norfolk."

He added: "I am lucky to live there much of the time - for the rest of the Kingdom cast and crew it will be a sad farewell that was never properly said. All things must pass. That is why we must be so grateful to Mnemosyne, the goddess of memory, and mother of the muses. Heigh ho. Onward and upward."

The third series of the rural drama ended its run in July with a strong audience of 4.84m (20.8%).

Real shame, but this would leave Karl Davies to come back to Emmerdale as Robert Sugden :thumbsup:

alan45
10-10-2009, 11:08
Yet again ITV axes another popular TV programme. Like Heartbeat, Kingdom was good easy watching feelgood TV for a Sunday night

parkerman
10-10-2009, 11:34
Yet again ITV axes another popular TV programme. Like Heartbeat, Kingdom was good easy watching feelgood TV for a Sunday night

Perhaps they can replace it with "DS Carter Investigates".

beencepe73
04-12-2009, 22:40
uhh it might have been said already and i'm blind but what aspect do you want these and what format?

alan45
04-12-2009, 22:42
uhh it might have been said already and i'm blind but what aspect do you want these and what format?

?????????????????????????

Perdita
05-12-2009, 14:46
Alan, he is a strange poster, Siobhan has threatened him/her with a warning for unrelated postings.

alan45
05-12-2009, 15:30
Alan, he is a strange poster, Siobhan has threatened him/her with a warning for unrelated postings.I realised that after reading his previous ramblings

Chris_2k11
07-12-2009, 10:22
:rotfl: :rotfl:

alan45
29-03-2010, 12:28
Hermione Norris has claimed that ITV were right to axe Kingdom.

The Sunday night drama, which was fronted by Stephen Fry, was cancelled by the broadcaster last October after a three-year run.

Speaking exclusively to Digital Spy, Norris, who played Beatrice Kingdom in the series, said that she agrees with ITV's decision to drop the show.

"I think it was [the right decision]. The third series was lovely and my favourite series so I felt it was quite timely. Three is a good amount to do.

"If you're in, series three's a good time to get out I think! I did three of Wire in the Blood. You've got to really enjoy what you do and really be giving it as much as you possibly can.

She added: "I feel that it stopped when it was still very fresh and at its best so it was probably a good thing. There would be nothing more sad than it just becoming [the thing that pays the bills]."