PDA

View Full Version : 'Casualty' announces one-off webisode

Perdita
07-10-2009, 12:25
Casualty producers have announced that fans will be able to watch a special webisode on the show's website later this month.

The one-off instalment will focus on the programme's new homeless character Alistair (Joe McFadden) and his friendship with paramedic Polly Emmerson (Sophia di Martino).

In Casualty's regular October 31 episode, viewers will see Polly making the surprise decision to call the police about Alistair. Once the TV broadcast concludes, fans will then be invited to follow the storyline online as the mysterious figure continues to struggle with life on the streets and discovers that Polly has turned against him.

Discussing the project, McFadden commented: "It was really interesting to shoot in a very different way and great fun to explore my character in a bit more depth and show a gritty side of Casualty that viewers don't normally get to see."

The episode, titled 'The Parting of the Ways' and written by Casualty script editor David Roden, is the first ever online instalment for a BBC continuing drama.

Casualty's executive producer Belinda Campbell said: "We are always looking at new ways to add value for our loyal fans and this innovative mini-episode will open a window on a hitherto unseen world and give viewers access to a character they wouldn't have in a normal episode.

"David, Joe and Sophia have worked really hard to make this a really special viewing opportunity for die-hard Casualty lovers."

'The Parting of the Ways' will be available to watch on the Casualty website from 9pm on October 31. Fans can also see the episode via the red button or as a downloadable mobisode.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/a180901/casualty-announces-one-off-webisode.html

Abbie
07-10-2009, 16:26
This could be interesting, although Im not keen on that guy, I just like the idea

freckleface
07-10-2009, 18:46
yeh.

the webisode souns like an awesome idea but im not crazy about those characters.

Gice me Ruth and Jay anyday!!

:)

Katy
07-10-2009, 22:43
I like the paramedic, i think shes brilliant, not really got an opinion on the other fella either way, this may help me change my mind.

Abigail
11-10-2009, 16:50
Bit more from the BBC website:

Extra episode on Red Button
Casualty - The Parting of the Ways, will premiere on BBC Red Button. It will then also be available right here on www.bbc.co.uk/casualty at around 9pm on Saturday 31 October, and as a downloadable mobisode.

Screened directly after the transmission of Casualty episode nine on BBC One, the eight-minute mini episode will follow the gritty and dramatic storyline of down-and-out Alistair (Joe McFadden) and paramedic Polly (Sophia di Martino).

Episode 9.1 Casualty - The Parting of The Ways will pick up Alistair and Polly's story from the end of the televised episode nine and will focus on the dark seven days until the start of episode ten (transmitting on BBC One on Saturday 7 November).

Slowly following Alistair's descent into madness, the webisode portrays the seedy underbelly of life on the streets as we watch him pushed to the absolute limit ... foreshadowing the horrors to come.

Written and devised by Casualty script editor David Roden, the mini episode was made in close consultation with actor Joe McFadden and was designed to present a grittier, rawer view of Casualty and delve more deeply into the character and problems of Alistair.

"We are always looking at new ways to add value for our loyal fans and this innovative mini-episode will open a window on a hitherto unseen world and give viewers access to a character they wouldn't have in a normal episode," says executive producer Belinda Campbell. "David, Joe and Sophia have worked really hard to make this a really special viewing opportunity for die-hard Casualty lovers".

Says Joe McFadden: "It was really interesting to shoot in a very different way and great fun to explore my character in a bit more depth and show a gritty side of Casualty that viewers don't normally get to see."