PDA

View Full Version : Casualty 17 October 09

Perdita
01-10-2009, 13:11
Saturday 17 October
9.25-10.15pm BBC ONE
www.bbc.co.uk/casualty

Love is all around in this week's episode of Casualty as one relationship gets decidedly rocky while another steps up a gear.

It's Ruth's birthday and Jay presents her with a necklace for their date at the surgeon's dinner. Ruth's happiness is short-lived when senior medic Sarah Evans warns her that Jay is bad news and that she'll think twice about recommending her for the surgical training post if she continues to see him.

Feeling unwell, Ruth cancels the date, but is confronted by Jay at the dinner. As Ruth leaves in embarrassment, she collapses, haemorrhaging.

Meanwhile, Adam has his hands full with the F2s. He won't allow them to treat patients unsupervised, but when Jessica and the F2s become trapped in resus by a distraught relative, Adam is forced to watch as they save a patient's life. Realising he must trust them more, Adam admits they did some good work. He thanks Jessica for her support and proposes they set a date for their wedding – New Year's Eve.

StarsOfCCTV
01-10-2009, 13:35
Sarah Evans is so annoying. First she says Jay is good for Ruth now she says he's bad. :rolleyes: Poor Ruth. Doesn't say if she took the tablet or not though...:hmm:

freckleface
01-10-2009, 16:15
I know!! What is she on about! Jay is one of the best things that has happened to her!!! stupid woman, i think she is trying to ruin ruths life!!

and poor ruth!! Im sad for her now, but at least we know we were right!

I dont think she took the tablet because i dont think she would of haemorrhaged if she ahd taken it :/

bless her i feeeeeeel soo sorry.

loooks like a good episode tho !!

Abbie
01-10-2009, 17:48
oh no! Now Im more confused than ever, we dont know anything more than we already did :(

freckleface
01-10-2009, 17:50
oh no! Now Im more confused than ever, we dont know anything more than we already did :(

what are you confused about?? :searchme:

Abbie
01-10-2009, 17:52
About whether she took the pill and just what evans is going on about

freckleface
01-10-2009, 17:53
I dont think she did take the pill.
im only guessing but i think the haemorrhaging is from a misscarriage??

that evans woman is wierd tho.
i dont understand the point of her. she's a waste of a character.

AmzH4
01-10-2009, 17:54
What is haemoraging?
Is it like an internal bleed?
So she will have to go to hospital, where she will be treated by her colleagues who will find out she is pregnant, jay will find out, the truth about her and jay will be revelaed to everyone, sarah evens will find out she is pregnant

potentially very bad news for ruth who hates attention, doesnt want anyone to know about her and jay and is desperate fo that surgical training post...

= depression
uh oh

freckleface
01-10-2009, 17:57
ummm haemorrhaging is like when you lose a lot of blood.
see the screencaps of her lying on the floor with the blood by her legs = haemorrhaging.

everyone know about ruth and jay already if you read the episodes before this.

it happens in the episode this saturday coming.

the haemorrhaging most likely means that she has lost the baby.

yeh i see depression as well.
why cant they make her happy for once!!

AmzH4
01-10-2009, 18:01
yeah...
ok, well no one knows for sure, but in the coming episodes they probably get a vague idea, but probably dont know it had been going on for a long time... currently i think may is the only one who knows, coz she saw them kissing in a cubicle.. i think she will be upset when she looses the baby because i reckon she was going to consider keeping it

ah well..
will make casualty very exciting!

Abigail
01-10-2009, 18:08
sarah evens will find out she is pregnant

Confidentiality will prevent Sarah from finding out unless Ruth (or Jay) tells her.

freckleface
01-10-2009, 18:17
nah they do know cuz of this week,
jay gives ruth an Ultimatum about making there relationship open.

she accepts and kisses him in public.

so everyone knows ima guessing

alan45
01-10-2009, 18:20
So Adam and Jess are to marry on New years Eve. Sounds like it will be the usual soap wedding that wont go smoothly. They pick the busiest night of the year for hospital A&Es everywhere

freckleface
01-10-2009, 18:22
yeh i know.

very stupid.

what a cliche as well.
they should know by now that weddings in casualty dont go smoothly.

:)

StarsOfCCTV
01-10-2009, 19:56
So Adam and Jess are to marry on New years Eve. Sounds like it will be the usual soap wedding that wont go smoothly. They pick the busiest night of the year for hospital A&Es everywhere
I predict fireworks go off in the church. Actual real ones. :p :lol:

Also, it doesn't say whether Ruth took the pill or not...she could hemorrhage from either, I think.

rubylilly
02-10-2009, 08:50
She hasn't taken the pill- if she hemorrahages, its because she either has some wierd medical problem (which she would have noticed because shes like a mini-genius-doctor-person-thingy) OR she's naturally miscarried the baby!!!!
:'( not good.
can the BBC EVER stop writing depressing story lines???

Ps. The Writers were probably struggling for ideas for the new series- there is a misscarriage in holby city too- or the other way round. either way we need new, non depressing writers. well maybe a bit, cos otherwise i wouldnt watch it.
I'll stop talking now.
Rubylilly x:thumbsup:

freckleface
02-10-2009, 19:55
i know!! why cant they make something good happen! Theres so much death, why cant there be happiness!!

yeah, i thought that with the whole miscarriage in holby too, but i think it will be better with ruths character giving ehr past.

cant wait till tomorrow!! aaaaaaaaaagh!

btw im also excited cuz on onday on watch is the episode where she tries to hang herself so i got the sky plus on record for that when i come home!!

WelshHorizon
02-10-2009, 21:23
btw im also excited cuz on onday on watch is the episode where she tries to hang herself so i got the sky plus on record for that when i come home!!

Oh wow thanks for that freckleface! I will have to watch that before college!!!

Soo, is Ruth going to collapse at the end of tomorrows episode or next week? I am confused!!!:searchme:

rubylilly
03-10-2009, 07:23
she thinks shes pregnant today, and collapses next weeek x

WelshHorizon
03-10-2009, 08:11
Thanks rubylily!!:thumbsup:

rubylilly
03-10-2009, 09:47
no problemo, i am becoming obsessed with Ruth&Jay FanFics haha x

AmzH4
03-10-2009, 10:43
are jess and sean divorced?
if not then uh oh

Abigail
03-10-2009, 10:45
You asked that question in the thread that was closed and the answer people gave was no.

NWalshe
04-10-2009, 17:07
i don't think jess and sean are divorced yet but they aren't together any more

rubylilly
04-10-2009, 17:10
i should never had ever searched for casualty spoilers. it has led me down a long path, causing me to annoy all my friends by telling them whats gonna happen.
But now im hooked.
*sigh*

see now i cant wait!

freckleface
05-10-2009, 19:56
i knooooooooow me too!

my friends are worried cuz im so obsessed.

ive started on some fan art now so there is no stopping me :P

rubylilly
05-10-2009, 20:13
and fanfics! i cannot get enough fanfics!!! especially the ones based around the new series.
I have now started on RolePlays. I am on page 117!!!!!

Abbie
07-10-2009, 16:45
Just think, we get more spoliers tomorrow

At the moment Im really obsessed with casulaty its quite bad but cos Im at uni the weeks seemed to be going quicker which is good :D

rubylilly
07-10-2009, 17:03
Yay yay yay yay yay yay hyperactive casualty version of me returns!
If ruth loses the baby, I will scream very loudly, and kill any SW's in a 200 mile radius.
I may spare a few because they brought us Casualty, Ruth&Jay etc.
Can't wait =D

Abbie
07-10-2009, 17:11
lol!

I think she will though :(

I mean it would be interesting to see what she would be like as a mother, I like it when slightly change characters, its sorta refreshing, especially with ruth

freckleface
07-10-2009, 18:45
i know ima gonna sound dumb but SW??

i know spoilers are out tomorrow,
i have to try and get my internet in school unblocked as my year tutor blocked it as i was on "unsuitable" websites. I was only on here and the bbc website.....

i must find out how to hack the internet at school, i can't wait till i go home to find out!!

counting down the days till saturday :)
xx

StarsOfCCTV
07-10-2009, 20:23
Screenwriters/scriptwriters I think. :) Also I'm sure there are ways to bypass the blockers, websites you can go on at school. We used to do it.

freckleface
07-10-2009, 20:24
oh ta

iam having one of those days where id ont get anything.

i need help to even write.

dont think the rain helped.

ta anyways

lizann
07-10-2009, 21:21
poor Ruth hope she will be ok i like her with Jay

StarsOfCCTV
07-10-2009, 22:22
From whats on tv: Casualty's Georgia Taylor discusses Ruth's feelings for Jay, the pregnancy and her character's life-long ambition to become a surgeon.

When does Ruth first suspect she might be pregnant?
"She's in her new flat with Jay when she realises she's missed taking some of her contraceptive pills. Soon afterwards she has morning sickness."

Does she take action immediately?
"Yes, she does a pregnancy test at the hospital. It's just like her to be so practical and proactive, but she's also terrified. She feels it's the worst timing in the world. It's her life's ambition to become a surgeon and she's just gotten this new job with Sarah Evans as her mentor."

Why doesn't she confide in Jay?
"I guess it's just fear. She's never been in a serious relationship and she's very reluctant to get close to people because she doesn't want to get hurt. Deep down she knows Jay really cares for her and would support her whatever her decision, but there's always the chance he might try and persuade her to have the child. She thinks it's best to deal with it on her own."

Would it be fair to say Sarah Evans is a massive influence on Ruth?
"I would say so, but not directly as Sarah doesn't know she's pregnant. Sarah keeps telling Ruth she needs to be completely dedicated to the job and have no distractions. As far as Ruth's concerned, Sarah's not going to think having a child is a good idea."

Why does she decide to take the abortion pill in the end?
"I think it's essentially her career that's the biggie, but there's also the fact her and Jay haven't been together very long. She doesn't know whether the relationship is going to last. There's also a part of Ruth that's waiting on Jay to dump her. She doesn't believe someone can truly love her, so while she's having a really nice time with him, she doesn't know if it's going to be a long-term thing."

:( :(

Abbie
07-10-2009, 22:25
Awww no :(

StarsOfCCTV
07-10-2009, 22:26
Knowing the SWs she could still be pregnant though! *hopes*

Abbie
07-10-2009, 22:27
what do you mean?

StarsOfCCTV
07-10-2009, 22:28
Apparently suffering an adverse reaction to that pill is pretty rare. But apparently there is also a rare chance that someone can still be pregnant after suffering an adverse reason. (i.e. bleeding)

Abbie
07-10-2009, 22:29
so she bleeds but shes still pregnant?

Abigail
07-10-2009, 22:36
You can still have regular periods during pregnancy so it is possible that she could bleed a bit and still be pregnant.

Abbie
07-10-2009, 22:38
Oh right, so there could still be hope?

I mean theyve just had a miscarriage in Holby, why do it twice?

StarsOfCCTV
07-10-2009, 22:44
A little bit. :p

And SW's love doom and gloom. :(

Abbie
07-10-2009, 22:48
Im so confused, I dont know what to think

StarsOfCCTV
07-10-2009, 22:57
Hopefully we'll find out what happens tomorrow. I feel sorry for Jay too, it will be a bit of a kick in the teeth to find out that Ruth took the pill without telling him that she was even pregnant. Just finding her on the floor will be quite a shock!

Abbie
07-10-2009, 22:59
Yeah its gonna be very sad

I just cant wait for tomorrow, I really want to know

freckleface
08-10-2009, 18:36
yay im so happy the spoilers are out :)

WelshHorizon
09-10-2009, 23:50
I cannot believe I won't be able to see this tomorrow. I have to go out. :crying: But on the plus side I can take my laptop and watch it snuggled up in bed on Sunday on the iPlayer without being disturbed!!!

Really looking forward to it!

Oh... something I wondered. Does anyone know why Adam is trying to break into resus on the preview?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBoS_nBgGhA

freckleface
11-10-2009, 13:08
umm its because,

if you watch the prevew for the next episode (on sunday, which is a bit wierd) this guy takes some people hostage in E.D. (jess and i think some of the F2's) so Adam is trying to get in and help them.

xxx

JENTARRANT
11-10-2009, 14:02
I have just seen the next promo and it doesnt look toog ood for ruth and jay which is really bad cause I think they are great and she has finally found someone who has accepted her for who she is ! And I think its on Subday next week because of the grand prix or something ! xx

Cheesytoots
11-10-2009, 14:45
Where did you find the next promo and why do you think it doesn't look good for Ruth and Jay??? :-)

StarsOfCCTV
11-10-2009, 16:08
Its on the BBC casualty website. :)

And I think..it doesn't look good because Jay is revealed as a nurse etc and Sarah Evans asks for him to be removed and he looks at Ruth but she doesn't say anything (well, she might but the preview clip is too short to tell)
Something along those lines I think! :p

Abigail
11-10-2009, 16:53
Where did you find the next promo and why do you think it doesn't look good for Ruth and Jay??? :-)

Bottom of the page http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006m8wd

Abbie
11-10-2009, 17:09
:( it doesnt look good

parkerman
11-10-2009, 18:21
It's impossible to say from that clip what Ruth will say. My guess would be that she wants him to stay.

Abbie
11-10-2009, 19:28
I hope it is, shes been doing great the past couple of weeks, being relaxed and stuff :)

freckleface
12-10-2009, 16:38
well, it says on the episode description that

"Ruth leaves embarressed"

so i guess maybe she leaves and then thats when Jay finds her collapsed in the hall (series 24 preview)

i am irritated tho that its on sunday, thats like an extra day to wait!
but i bet that ruth collapses at the end of the episode (seems to be form the description of the episode after that) so technically its one less day to wait till we find out what happens!

i hope that made sense :/

WelshHorizon
12-10-2009, 19:13
well, it says on the episode description that

"Ruth leaves embarressed"

so i guess maybe she leaves and then thats when Jay finds her collapsed in the hall (series 24 preview)

i am irritated tho that its on sunday, thats like an extra day to wait!
but i bet that ruth collapses at the end of the episode (seems to be form the description of the episode after that) so technically its one less day to wait till we find out what happens!

i hope that made sense :/

Yeah I'm guessing he goes after her to check she is okay then finds her collapsed.

I reckon it will be at the end of the episode, they always have stuff like that at the end of episodes, they like being mean to us!!! I was thinking along the same lines as you, we have to wait longer to see this episode but won't have to wait as long to see the next one!:cheer:

freckleface
12-10-2009, 19:14
see great minds think alike

WelshHorizon
12-10-2009, 19:26
Yup they do indeed!!!

Although I have very little mind. Only one functioning brain cell. :)

But can someone clear something up for me... what was that pill Ruth took when she was in the toilets on Saturday? If that was the abortion pill how can she have a miscarriage?:hmm:

freckleface
12-10-2009, 19:28
But can someone clear something up for me... what was that pill Ruth took when she was in the toilets on Saturday? If that was the abortion pill how can she have a miscarriage?:hmm:

umm i think maybe that she was further gone than she thought (??) and the pill caused her to bleed.

i think she didnt miscarriage, it was the abortion pill that made her collapse.

i dont even have on brain cell, theyve been lost form the number of times ive hit my head on stuff ;P

StarsOfCCTV
12-10-2009, 20:36
I thought the abortion pill caused the body to reject the fetus, or something like that. Like a miscarriage, but a forced one.

Abigail
12-10-2009, 21:45
Yes, in effect an abortion pill is a forced miscarriage. It fiddles with the body's hormones to increase or decrease the levels and cause a spontaneous miscarriage.

rubylilly
13-10-2009, 17:12
I just found out:

In the episode after next, Ruth breaks up with Jay.
Spread the (very depressing) news.

I wanted to scream but couldn't so I fell off my chair instead. People still looked at me :)

Abbie
13-10-2009, 17:33
NOOOOOOOO! :crying:

NOOOOOOOOOOOO WHY!!!!!!!!!!! :crying:

WelshHorizon
13-10-2009, 17:39
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo why??????

But on the positive side that means Jay is free for me... hmm..

i dont even have on brain cell, theyve been lost form the number of times ive hit my head on stuff

Lol!!! You can borrow mine if you want. :)

freckleface
13-10-2009, 18:05
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
nooooo no break up
why why why why!!

stupid stupid stupid. :wall:
garr garr garr

okay i'll stop talking in three's now.

but maybe they will get back together (if any of you watch neighbours, they'll do a elle and lucas)

they were the bestest couple ever.

Wishuponastar
13-10-2009, 19:29
In the episode after next, Ruth breaks up with Jay.

NOOOOOOOOOO:wall: :wall: :crying: :eek: :eek: :crying: :crying:

Abbie
13-10-2009, 22:42
They have to get back together

StarsOfCCTV
13-10-2009, 23:06
Hopefully Jay will be persistent. He was persistent when they first started going out. But now he properly loves her, I think (hope!) he will fight for her. Especially if she doesn't give a proper reason.

Abbie
13-10-2009, 23:10
Hopefully Jay will be persistent. He was persistent when they first started going out. But now he properly loves her, I think (hope!) he will fight for her. Especially if she doesn't give a proper reason.

Hopefully :)

And I hope she loves him too

WelshHorizon
14-10-2009, 12:12
I really do hope he does fight for her. But Ruth puts her career first usually doesn't she?

Abbie
14-10-2009, 12:59
Yeah she does

And I really do like ruth but I like hows shes been lately as she has changed a little

WelshHorizon
14-10-2009, 15:50
Yeah it was great seeing her as happy as she was around Jay these past few episodes. I just hope they get back together, Ruth deserves someone!